Dun & Bradstreet
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey – and we’re so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Team Overview: Dun & Bradstreet is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Govt Data Science/Engineering team. You will be part of a group responsible for implementing, maintaining and supporting multiple client’s data environments in AWS through custom API’s.
The Role: As a Sr. Data Engineer/Developer in the Data Engineering team you will join a team of brilliant, friendly and energetic solutions architects, developers, QA engineers and project managers who strive to deliver best of breed custom solutions to our customers. Are you someone that can thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced environment? Then you might be just who we are looking for.
• Responsible for real-time aggregation of large amounts of data from various sources that includes streaming and batch data into a data lake.
• Define data integration flows (ETL, ELT, stream processing, events/event processors, etc.)
• Work alongside development team to build data management platforms using Amazon Redshift, Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Athena, AWS Glue, AWS Lake Formation, Data pipeline, Glue and other related services.
• Designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
• Collaborate with solution architects, business, QA and projects manages
• Data pipelines/Data Ingestion/ Data Engineering
• API Development including POC’s
• Data Analysis
• Application support/ bug fixes / QA
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years of high-tech industry and/or IT work experience in Big Data project hands on development and solution engineering roles
• Experience with data bases, including relational and non-relational.
• Strong Experience with AWS Big data processing tools
• Good to have DevOps experience with CI/CD pipelines, Configuration Management tools, Scripting
• Must have exposure to search tools implementations(Elastic Search stack or similar)
• Nice to have Cloudera, Hadoop development and admin experience
• Good understanding of Windows, Unix/Linux operating systems and networking.
• Collaborate with developers and operations teams to build and deploy custom solutions in AWS.
• Good understanding of micro-services, web-based applications and REST APIs.
• Prior experience managing production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS)
• Strong organization skills with high attention to detail.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
• Willing to learn new skills and implement new technologies.
• Must have the ability to be on call.