AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. The Science & Enabling Units IT is AZ’s global IT capability function supporting key business areas operating out of sites across the US, UK, Sweden, India & Mexico.
Global commercial operations (GCO) is part an of the Global Business Services and is the operating arm that supports AstraZeneca Global Marketing teams with quality, relevant and up to date Commercial Content, support marketing campaigns with Digital Multi-Channel Marketing capabilities, Digital Multi-Channel Brand analytics and Global Meetings & Events. This helps in providing end to end content services across AZ, reducing time to market, consistency in brand messaging and save cost.
Global Meetings and Events service are passionate about crafting an enterprise-wide approach to meetings management logistics for all non-field led HCP and internal meetings, to facilitate end-to-end management of key planning milestones, as well as oversight for execution, compliance, and financial processes. To meet the objective, GME service team is to provide in-house delivery for registration websites, meeting apps, reporting, and the use of virtual cards.
The Jr Web Development QA Specialist will be part of the Operations Team in AstraZeneca’s newly formed Global Meetings and Events Team. The primary focus for this role is to support the delegate management process within Cvent – specifically the development of the meeting registration sites and invitation emails. In doing so this role will help define, create and maintain a standard set of templates for the registration sites and emails in line with AstraZeneca’s standards for the same. Some one-off development will be needed for meetings that require a unique experience for the attendees. Critical to success is a timely turnaround of new demand in line with meeting timelines and expectations for delegate management. Coordination with the GME Meeting Manager and Meeting Management Company will be essential to the end-to-end execution of a meeting.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities
- Creation of registration web sites and emails in Cvent – templates and outstanding sites
- Contribute to defining the end-to-end process for the creation of the websites and emails
- Coordinate all aspects of development/configuration, testing and release of the delegate management components in Cvent for each meeting (website and email)
- Resolve issues related to the content or execution of the delegate management web sites and emails
- Proactively identify how to leverage new delegate management capabilities within Cvent, provide recommendations and support incorporating the same into the service as agreed with GME Operations Director
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 0-2 years of the overall experience
- 0-2 years experience with web development (HTML, CSS, etc)
- Strong technical acumen & self-learning
- Adept at working on multiple projects at once, setting priorities, working independently, problem-solving, improvising, and functioning as part of a team that often must perform under pressure
- Able to anticipate risks and devise solutions that are optimally communicated in a simple and clear way
- Pharmaceutical experience; or other highly-regulated environment is desirable
- Experience with meeting industry technology (StarCite, CVENT) desirable
Experience within the Meeting & Events and Business Travel sector specifically related policy and regulations desirable.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Strong technical acumen and learning curve
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Able to grasp and understand new technology and concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience of working in Sales & Marketing Portfolio preferably in the Life Sciences Industry.
- Experience in any product management, preferably in the Meetings & events space.
- Knowledge of Web Services & Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience working in a shared service environment.
- Experience of working with 3rd party providers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.