We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented apprentice who can support Research partners by engaging in data quality processes and participate in BAU tasks. You will get hands on experience of various asset classes and the intricacies of the underlying investment data. On a day to day basis, the job may entail working as a team to resolve a production issue, analyzing data, building meta data etc.
Why this role is important to us:
On a day to day basis, we receive market data from various vendor across different asset classes to support SSGA Investment Research models and processes that further generates signals which helps in taking strategic decisions to construct portfolios for our clients.
What you will be responsible for:
As Apprentice you will:
- Work with team to execute Daily BAU/operational tasks
- Ability to design and code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems
- Drive best practices
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software solutions
- Very detail oriented with ability to work with both Developers and other team members
- Good understanding of data, especially Fixed Income, Equity, Cash & Currency.
- Ability to adapt to agile methodologies, quick self-learner
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment ,Bug fix verification and validation.
- Experience in SQL Programming, Data Warehousing concepts, Shell scripting will be an added advantage but not mandatory.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline with mathematics/statistics are preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate practical understanding of database concepts, loading mechanism, job scheduling etc.
- Having IT academic background with good knowledge in Object Oriented Concepts, RDBMS, Data Structures.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
To apply for this job please visit statestreet.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.