Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip, Inc. has a early-career Systems Software Development Engineer opening based in Bangalore, India to be a key contributor in the testing effort of our storage firmware and driver applications. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of quality for a family of storage projects. You will need to implement automated tests for all layers of the application. Design / Develop tools and frameworks to enable machines to do continuous system testing.
- Work with multiple project teams internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of quality assurance for complex products and platforms, including testing strategy, analysis, coding, results evaluation, and proposed corrective actions
- Work as part of a team to design, develop, execute, triage, document, and test a series of features within a storage software solution under various x32 & x64 operating systems to deliver a reliable and cost-effective solution
- Understand product implementation reading functional specs, source code and engineering discussions
- Design and develop framework and infrastructure or tools using C++
- Work together with software, drivers and firmware teams on root-causing defects
- Reproduce, root cause and Verify solutions to customer escalations in timely manner
- Provide project status and estimates and track issues to closure with project managers
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software quality assurance organization
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related streams
- Minimum of 0-3 years of hand on experience of working in C++ and Linux or Windows environment.
- Good programming skills –
- Object oriented design and understanding of OOPS concept
- C++ programming
- Good knowledge on data structures
- Good analysis/debugging skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Good Communication Skills
Preferred (Good to have) :
- Good knowledge/experience in System Programming
- Experience or exposure to Data Storage domain (RAID, SCSI, SAS, SATA).
- Knowledge in SCSI Primary, Block, and Storage Enclosure command sets
- Knowledge of Enterprise servers and storage environments
- Experience on Linux, Windows, and VMware platforms
- Knowledge in Storage Enclosure Zoning and Management
- Experience developing software in Advanced REST a plus.
- Knowledge and use of standards such as REST, HTML5, JSON
- Understanding or exposure to Agile development environment
- Knowledge in SOAP, IPMI, CIM, and RESTFUL protocols
To apply for this job please visit careers.microchip.com.