We are seeking an intern for “AI in Cybersecurity” to help build next generation AI/ML powered product from ground-up.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for conducting research on leveraging AI/ML for existing and new products, prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based Cybersecurity products.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open-source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
The ideal candidate has strong educational background in a quantitative or technical field, is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using Machine Learning and Deep Learning models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Conduct the literature survey, implement machine learning algorithms and evaluate their performance.
- Develop novel machine learning algorithms to predict malicious content or activity using data in various formats including text and tabular data.
- Designing and deploying Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Algorithms – both statistical machine learning models and Deep learning models.
- Build POCs, prototypes of the solutions in consultations with engineering and product management teams.
- Coordinate the integration of machine learning solutions among development teams to ensure system performance, security, scalability and availability.
- Collaborate with data and subject matter experts throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Understand the Distributed Ecosystem/Cloud computing services and deploy ML models on the same.
- You will present the results of the team’s research in internal forums as well as in conferences in the field of machine learning or cybersecurity or apply for patents as deemed fit by the company.
- Currently enrolled into or recent graduate with ME/MTech/MS or PhD with BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematical Modeling & Simulation, Statistics, or equivalent fields. Specialization in machine learning or data science is preferred.
- Deep understanding of mathematical foundations of machine learning, including statistics, linear algebra, and computer science.
- Prior publications in peer-reviewed journals or conferences in machine learning or cybersecurity.
- Hands on Experience in data science programming skills – Python, R, Java, Scala.
- Academic or research or industrial project implementation experience with Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch.
- Well versed with Operating System, Networking and cybersecurity fundamentals.
- Prior academic course in applied Bayesian modeling and Bayesian Network using probabilistic programming in R, PyMC, Stan, Pyro, TensorflowProbability, etc. (Nice to have)
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) libraries (at least one) such as Spark NLP, Hugging Face, NLTK, Spacy, etc.
- Work along with the Data Science team and stake holders to capture the requirements and execute it in Agile methodology.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas to a variety of audiences in a clear and concise manner.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.