As our Software iOS Engineer on the UX Engineering team, you’ll be a key member of a team that develops Gojek’s design language system and builds tools to bridge the gap between design and development. You’ll get to be a part of a talented troop of 15 developers based in Bangalore, and join forces with multiple design teams distributed across India and Indonesia. You’ll utilize your skill set to craft meticulous design components and design tools to enable hundreds of developers and designers across the company to construct slick, functional user interfaces that make using Gojek a delight for our users across the globe.
What You Will Do
- Evolve and maintain our design language system – Asphalt. This includes crafting reusable components that work across various devices and platforms, making sure they are accessible, well tested, documented, and released with proper versioning
- Collaborate with designers to implement prototypes for new features and concepts
- Build tools to give designers direct control over the product (e.g. a tool that designers can use to theme our app)
- Bring in an engineer’s perspective to UX reviews and work with designers to take a holistic approach to improve our product experiences
- Teach designers how to think like a developer and teach developers how to think like a designer through workshops, talks, and blogs
What You Will Need
- At least 1 year of experience in mobile engineering
- A passion for the iOS/macOS ecosystem and appreciation for the design and programming principles behind them
- Working knowledge of architecture principles, code organization, and system design
- Informed in/ up to date with Swift programming, Cocoa, Xcode, and the iOS SDK
- Strong UIKit fundamentals; ability to develop UIs programmatically or via XIB and has an appreciation for writing readable, testable, and modular code
- A “make and show” attitude with a leaning towards quick iteration
- An open mind and a strong point of view
About the Team
Our UX Engineering team is a part of the Engineering platforms group at Gojek. Our team is based out of Bangalore and collaborates with design teams spread across India and Indonesia. We’re a small team of 15 passionate engineers who are focused on eliminating the gap between the designed user experience and the developed user experience in all of Gojek’s applications. We build robust frameworks, libraries, and tools to make implementing Gojek design easy, efficient, and faster to iterate on.
The Gojek app has been downloaded almost 170 million times and our underlying design systems powers the interfaces that helped get us here. In the future, we plan to further expand our design system to cover even more user-focused use cases, enhance accessibility, and increase automation to reduce the gap between the design that’s envisioned and the design that’s shipped.
We are a lean team of talented and motivated people, and though we work hard, we do know how to play hard, too. We have weekly team catch-ups (via Counterstrike and Call of Duty, most favorably), and despite the WFH set up recently, we take our opportunities to catch up for a round of drinks when it’s safe to do so. We hope you’ll join us on this journey!
To apply for this job please visit career.gojek.com.