For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Verifone is seeking an engineer, to join our development team in our Bangalore offices. We work on an Android stack in the payments space and we take agile development seriously. We partner with major banking and retail teams to produce the next generation of payment solutions across Asia.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement code targeting Android devices
- Perform unit, integration and E2E testing
- Engage with senior developers during design and code reviews
- Participate in scrum rituals
- Ensure documentation aligns with our working product
- Triage and fix issues raised in automation and manual testing
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, preferably in SW Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3+ years Experience in Android software development in languages including Java and Kotlin
- Exposure to agile and scrum methodologies
- Good working knowledge of version controls systems (Git)
- Experience with continuous integration systems – eg Jenkins and artifactory
- Experience in payment solutions is desirable
- Exposure to JIRA and confluence
- C/C++ exposure is desirable but not required
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.