SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you like working on technology problems which impact people on a global scale? Are you interested in creating brand new collaborative experiences by writing software for a rapidly evolving and expanding ecosystem? We are an engineering centre of excellence with a proven track-record of building enterprise-hardened, trustworthy services to our customers.
“Data Privacy Engineering Services” team works on one of the most strategic topics in SAP which is the Data Privacy and Protection (DPP) reuse services in SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP).These services help manage different data privacy regulations like the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). Data Privacy Services acts as the central framework for managing privacy of personal data on BTP. Objective of the team is to build cross platform reuse services in accordance with the SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP).
Many customers who are currently in the planning and execution phase of transitioning to Intelligent Enterprise, are optimizing their current system landscape. This activity can bring about a situation where many of the current production systems become future legacy systems. This leaves an important question of how to manage the systems in a cost effective yet compliant manner. To cater to these use cases, the team is expanding its suit of services to also cater to Data Management services.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Understand the concept of DPP reuse services in SAP Business Technology Platform
- As a full stack software developer, you will be responsible for coding, testing, automation, deployment, quality assurance for service/applications which are being developed with best programming practices
- You will need to understand the containerization of microservices and their deployments into different runtimes like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes
- You will be required to work in a scrum and agile development team. Collaborate effectively with a team of enthusiastic developers to deliver the cloud solutions
- You need to take up full responsibility for accepted tasks and therefore demonstrate a high level of quality, speed, reliability and efficiency
- Enhance skills beyond own core development focus and works on other tasks for the benefit of the team
Following additional skills would be an advantage:
- Understanding of cloud concepts and cloud technologies is a plus
- Test Driven Development – TDD
- Working knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD Delivery concepts
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University Degree (B.E or equivalent) in Computer Science or related engineering subject
- Excellent development and coding skills
- Knowledge of Core Java, JEE, Java Script
- Familiarity with Ajax, JSON, UI5, REST/ODATA and any Relational Database (HANA, MySQL)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Passionate about learning new Products & Technology
- Ability to work in a highly agile team
- Good communication skills, team player and self-driven
- 0-3 years of experience as Software Engineer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sap.com.