Stack Overflow is growing fast, and our technology needs just keep getting bigger. We’re looking for an Information Security Engineer to join our existing team and help us support engineering, lines of business, and our customers. As an Information Security Engineer, you’ll bring your expertise to reduce risk, mentor Security Analysts, and represent our team in cross functional projects. You’ll also be helping us build an SecOps program and create an infosec ecosystem
We’re looking for someone with experience in best practices and secure builds for Windows, Linux, MacOS, Azure Cloud, Networking, and software development, but we don’t expect you to know every part of our stack coming in, so we’ll pair you with other members of the team to learn and develop your skills across our entire environment.
What you’ll work on:
- Contribute to security requirements in designing, developing, and deploying large-scale services and platforms
- Conducting security architecture reviews of the application stack, including applications built on cloud and emerging technologies
- Design and develop platform-level solutions to promote security-related initiatives and improvements. – Review source code for potential security issues, recommend and implement fixes
- Providing specific risk assessment and remediation guidelines for developers and business owners – Belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle
- Document and disseminate security guidelines for common security issues, remediation guidance, and security baselines
- Contribute to SOC2 and ISO 27001/27701 audits as needed
- Work with developers to provide security guidance
- Actively promote improving the security culture and education within the organization
- Eager to learn new technologies and solutions
- Be curious about how systems work and how they fail, design them to be sustainable in the face of failures
Our ecosystem includes:
- ISMS program built on ISO 27001/27701
- Cloud – Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- SSO – Okta
- Servers – Windows and Linux, VMware Virtual Machines and Cloud
- Device Management – AzureAD, Carbon Black, and WorkspaceOne
- Network – Cisco, Fortinet, and OpenVPN
- Development and Tools – Python, Terraform, Puppet, C#, ASP.NET
- Client Systems – MacOS and Windows
Skills & Requirements
We’re looking for:
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills. “Document as you go”
- Strong desire to secure systems, define and improve processes.
- Familiarity with: Containers, Cloud, Servers, Networking, DNS, and PaaS & SaaS
- Deep technical understanding of the OWASP Top 10
- Experience with Splunk or similar SIEM
- Experience with Nexpose or similar vulnerability scanning tools
- Experience integrating security tools to work as an ecosystem
- Solid experience in threat modeling and identification techniques
- Ability to work with developers to resolve security issues
- Experience in code reviews, vulnerability detection, and root cause analysis
- 2+ years of experience in web application security, secure application design and architecture, threat modeling, secure coding, and cryptography
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Self-motivated and proactive, discovering, and resolving issues before they become problems.
Also note: If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway!
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office, you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While we’re generally very flexible on working hours, living and working within GMT-7:00 to GMT+2:00 time zones (US through Europe) is required for scheduling and interaction with your team. We also believe in strong work-life balance and are focused on making sure you have a positive work experience, in-office or remotely.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary between $100K and $150K
- Flexible hours
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance – no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. We have an office in New York with some of the best amenities of any New York startup, and we have people who work remotely all over the world. We keep meetings and ceremonies to an absolute minimum.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.co.