We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
NETWORK & LINKS:
The Selected candidate will work with a highly motivated team involved in development of complex embedded solutions. The candidate will join with our Bangalore development center and will travel to our platform development center located in Europe on need basis. The Ideal candidate will be part of Product Development team in Bangalore.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As a V&V Designer, you will deliver validation campaign in accordance to Test Plan and test Cases in its intended environment (real or simulated). You will interface with System, project, product, Quality and safety team to meet QCD commitments.
- Perform Functional testing at Sub-system level or System Level and related Verification activities.
- Contribute to global V&V Strategy definition; provide elements necessary to build V&V Plan in collaboration with V&V Architect.
- Specify and design overall tests: test architecture (test plan), test design (test cases)
- Perform Functional testing using NI Test stand and Veristand
- Prepare overall tests (tests sheets and tests scenario)
- Perform test sessions: run test procedures, produce test reports and associated Change Requests
- If applicable: perform customer acceptance tests, participate to site tests
- Specify, design, develop and validate test environment & tools (test bench, recording tools, simulated I/O, …)
- Perform investigations on defects detected on test bench or on site
- Contribute to workload estimation and align to scheduling
- Manage V&V work products under configuration management according to Configuration Management Plan
- Ensure test traceability vs. requirements according to Requirements Management Plan
- Ensure 100 % follow up of Software, V&V and Safety Processes
- Prepare and perform SW requirements tests, SW/SW integration tests and verifications of his/her deliverables, prior to the ones formally performed by a dedicated V&V team (depending on Safety Integrity Level)
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
Bachelor/Postgraduate in Engineering – IT, CS, ECE & EEE or Equivalent
- Be Innovative and demonstrate to peers and implement in creation of Reference Libraries, reusable codes, and model-based developments.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and able to guide, influence and convince others in a matrix organization
- Ability to drive through all obstacles, collaboration with global team in different geo
- Flair to Learn technologies specific to Railway domain.
- Team Player with prior experience in working with European customer is not mandatory but preferable.
- 4+ years of experience in Verification and Validation of complex embedded systems.
- Good experience in Requirement/Functional Based Testing on Host and Target based test environment
- Good experience in testing with NI Test stand suite.
- Experience in Verification activities such as Spec Verification and Test Description Verification etc
- Able to do automation using Python or Perl or equivalent scripting language
- Good experience in CR/Defect management
- Good Experience in finding functional defects using positive and negative testing
- Good Knowledge on Test Life cycle & Defect life Cycle
- Good Knowledge on Testing Concepts
- Strong Ability in problem solving and debugging, ability to narrow down the root cause in complex system
The successful candidate will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process spread across different geographical locations. Ideal Candidate should possess good analytical Skills and should be have experience in testing of On-Board and Trackside products of Railway Industry. Ability to work on complex and distributed system Rail industry background is highly desirable, alternatively similar industries can also be considered.
- Programming: C or C++ or C# or Ada, Scripting languages (Perl, Python.). Experience or Knowledge in Ada is desirable.
- Tools: NI Test stand, Ver stand, Artisan or MATLAB or any equivalent Model based tools
- Configuration tools: Clear Quest, Git, Reqtify, DOORS
- Standards: CENELEC SIL4 / DO178A / DO178B
- Communication Protocol: TCP/IP
- Operating System: Windows
- Domain Knowledge: Railway Signalling domain is desirable or Avionics or any Engineering domain
Travel need: Job may involve travel to other sites on long-term/Short-term based on business need.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.alstom.com.