Sparkathon is an open innovation challenge for the student community in India with creative ideas to solve complex problems in retail by applying deep tech. The challenge aims to give students a platform to showcase breakthrough solutions for some of the most futuristic challenges faced by the retail industry and thus inculcate a culture of product innovation and techpreneurship.
Calling for innovative tech-driven ideas and solutions that create real value, within one of the four themes.
Who should apply?
The hackathon is open to all engineering colleges in India. Students who are pursuing following degrees as a full time program are eligible to apply:
- BE/B.Tech. full-time programs – Batch of 2024 and 2025 (1st and 2nd-year students are not eligible to apply)
- Dual degree full-time program – Batch of 2024 and 2025 (1st/2nd/3rd-year students are not eligible to apply)
- ME/M.Tech. full-time programs – Batch of 2024 (1st-year students are not eligible to apply)
- Showcase Your Talent and Innovation: Step into the limelight and present your unique talents and innovative ideas to the leading global retailer and the esteemed Fortune #1 organization.
- Public Recognition at Converge: Garner public recognition and admiration at Converge, the flagship annual event of Walmart Global Tech. This event serves as a platform to showcase your achievements to a wide audience.
- Interview Opportunities: Secure the chance to interview for sought-after internships and full-time roles at Walmart Global Tech’s India division. Your impressive performance could lead to exciting career prospects within the organization.
- Cash Prizes and Recognition: Get the opportunity to win attractive cash prizes, with the potential to earn up to INR 2 lakhs. Furthermore, winning teams will receive well-deserved recognition at the main event, Converge @ Walmart.
By participating in this event, you position yourself to reap the benefits of exposure, potential career growth, and the possibility of being honored for your accomplishments.