Come join the HR Support team and make a difference for the global HR Community at Amazon! The Employee Services organization is recruiting for an HR Support Advisor. Advisors provide help to the HR Community through case management and drive complex issues to resolution, manage escalated situations, and identify pain points that drove issues to the HR Support team in the first place.
This role requires relentless customer advocacy, coordination with multiple teams to identify root cause, and excellent problem solving skills. Advisors must also tactfully push back when necessary, set appropriate expectations around urgency and expected time to resolution, question what is being asked or suggested to determine they have found the best solution, and promote self-service as appropriate.
A successful Advisor will take their issue management one step further, identifying the pain points and paper cuts associated with their cases and driving those improvement opportunities forward. Advisors play a key role in recognizing trends related to defects and service delivery gaps and collaborating with key service teams to ensure the problem does not happen again.
Specific job responsibilities
- Provide expert advice on HR operational processes and policies via case management.
- Manage complex and/or escalated contacts and follow each issue through to resolution. This support includes collaboration with internal Employee Services operational teams (and supported COEs) to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Make high judgment recommendations in the absence of clear guidance.
- Create and present to senior leadership on trends and patterns, and provide recommendations for improving the employee and HR experience based on data.
- Listen, know, and understand the voice of the HR customer and represent that to other teams and groups when necessary.
- Remove barriers, influence process design, and bridge gaps between HR support and the employee experience.
- Flag pain points and make recommendations to improve associated services and content. Identify opportunities for quick wins and drive those forward.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years HR experience in HR shared services and/or center of excellence
- Employee Services process knowledge strongly preferred
- Employee Services service delivery experience
- Highly organized, able to effectively manage competing priorities under pressure
- Demonstrated researching ability, problem solving, and propensity to dive deep
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to express empathy and patience
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proven experience working cross-functionally to solve complex problems
- Experience working with senior leaders